If you EVER smell gas in the air, remember: Smell Gas? Act Fast! It sounds funny but it could keep you and your friends and family safe. So don’t delay—get away.
- Don’t look for the leak.
- Don’t use or touch anything electrical.
- Don’t even use a cell phone.
- Leave the area immediately then call your gas provider.
Become a Gas Safety Sleuth with these Cool Activities
Although you can’t see it, natural gas is all around you. Put your investigative skills to the test with these cool activities!
- Dig up stories about gas in the news
- Investigate the appliances in your home
- How is gas made? Solve the mystery with this easy home science experiment
- Use your secret shopper skills and do an appliance comparison
- Test your friends and family members with a safety survey
- Design a natural gas and propane safety poster for your home or neighborhood
- Get more fun activities
Teach Smell Gas? Act Fast! to Your Family Too
It will only take a few minutes to explain what you’ve learned, and besides, everyone should know what to do if there ever is a gas leak at home, school, or wherever life may take you!