WHAT'S COOKIN': GAS GRILL SAFETY
Here are some DOs and DON’Ts for gas (propane) grill safety.
• Use your grill outdoors in a well-ventilated area.
• Keep the cylinder valve closed when not in use.
• Make sure the gas grill is shut off and cooled and the burner controls are turned off before covering your grill.
• Use and store propane cylinders in an upright, vertical position.
• Ask your propane supplier to check for dents, damage, rust or leaks each time you refill your cylinder.
• Take your cylinder home immediately after filling. Keep your vehicle ventilated with the cylinder valve closed and plugged or capped.
• Smoke while handling a propane cylinder.
• Bring or store your cylinder indoors or in an enclosed space such as a garage.
• Use matches or lighters to check for leaks.
• Allow children to tamper or play with the cylinder or grill.
• Store or transport your cylinder where it could be exposed to high temperatures. (This includes storing spare cylinders under or near your gas grill.)